Monday, August 11, 2014

Voilà, Villa!

As everyday commences, I drink coffee and chat with my Momma. She asked me today as she does everyday, "What are you going to do today?" Then I thought to myself... I'll go to the Getty Villa! I had no plans and really wanted to check it out.



First, I cute-ified. I went with the wetsuit shirt (it zips down the back) and a pom pom on my head!


 
Then I hit the road. It was a stressful trip to Los Angeles. I'm not sure when a trip to Los Angeles is not stressful...? Anyone know? No. Okay. So I made it to the Villa after getting lost in a residential area. Oh, and the line to park was a 90 degree angle. It was like riding a meerkat up a wall. Issues.

Okay, but here are photos!



Architectureeeee!





How cool that they wore perfume back in the day!?

Hello, jewelry!

I need one of these for sure...


How ironic that I'm a princess and here is a gold wreath....


I got in trouble for taking pictures of the pieces in this collection. Grr. Although they are from Greek collections, I totally was feeling total Catholic/Vatican/Rome-ness. So beautiful.

 



I went to the garden!

Grapes!?

Such a pretty herb garden.


Poet as Orpheus with Two Sirens.



I loved this place. There was so much art work! I definitely liked the mythological area because I think Greek mythology is immensely interesting. Such beautiful architecture as well! After I browsed around, I checked out Amoeba Records, then had some delicious chicken curry for supper! Who says Monday's have to suck!?


1 comment:

  1. I would love to go see this place one day! Looks magical..:-)

    Love you lots,

    Mommy Dearest

    ReplyDelete