Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Not-So-Much Weenie That Got Roasted

Ello, mates!

I have been nonstop bouncing off the walls and am just now finally able to write down what I've been up to! This past Saturday was a super fun day because...

I went to the WEENIE ROAST!
One may ask, "What the heck is a weenie roast?" First, before you ask that question.. I'd really prefer if you acknowledge that I color coordinated the word 'weenie roast' with the colors that are used in the advertisement for the weenie roast. Refer your eyeballs a smidgen to the south.*wink* Really, weenies don't play a major role (except that the weenie mascot is on all paraphernalia associated with this event). It is a big concert with many different bands. The line-up for this year was: Cherub, Bleachers, Kongos, American Authors, The 1975, Phantogram, Capital Cities, Fitz and the Tantrums, BASTILLE, The Neighbourhood, Fall Out Boy, Foster the People, Beck, and Avicii. If I were to survey a random bystander, they could conclude that I went to see Bastille. I love The Neighbourhood too, though! I also watched Capital Cities and Fitz and the Tantrums.


For this event, I decided to go for the "I'm really trying to look cute, but in a sweet,cute way. Not like 'I really tried so hard this morning' cute way. Like, I'm just a chill girl who digs music. Not 'here is my California outfit straight out of Forever 21." Don't get me wrong, I do love Forever 21... but that wasn't the look I went for.


So, how did I do?

I really stood out actually. Care to know why? Okay.. I made a list.

Reasons why Remi looked out of place:
1. She was wearing a full length shirt-not a crop top
2. She was wearing shorts without a 27 inch zipper-low waisted shorts.
3. She didn't have a flannel long-sleeve shirt tied around her waist.
4. She didn't have a thigh tattoo.
5. She wasn't wearing 700 degree black severe terrain combat boots.
6. She wasn't wearing a fedora.
7. Her Laurel wreath was getting dry-cleaned Saturday...aka no flower lei on her head.
8. She didn't have a cig lit up and ready to puff.
9. No angry bird face!

The list could go on and on... And on. Okay, I'll stop. I feel like I'm about to accidentally quote Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" and we all know that song makes me want to scorch my optic stems.

ANY-WHO. I went to this thing by myself which is sooooo unlike me. I am one who has to text my friend 30 minutes before I get to their house so that they will go wait outside for me so that I don't feel anxious walking up to their front door alone. If I'm at a party (which I never am because I'm uncool) I will find one person I know and literally stay within 3 inches of them at all times. I'm just weird. I get nervous trying to navigate in the grocery store... I try to scowl if I'm alone somewhere so that I look like I wouldn't be fun to kid-nap... This was one small step for a normal human, a giant leap for Remi. I'm thrilled that I went, though. NOTHING WILL STOP ME FROM SEEING MY MAN SING SOME SONGS.

Overall it was super fun... but I did of course have to have a creepy encounter with someone. I was standing by this interviewing area seeing which bands may pop up.. and I accidentally made eye contact with this womanish thing. Probably 10 years older than me max. She asked me, "Do you smoke?" I mean really lady? If I smoked, I would be smoking, yes? Does this chambray shirt scream "I'm a smoker" or something? Or is it my pink toe nails? Oh.. I guess it could be my snake ring. Like, but does it matter? Why do you care? Get off me, like, before I go into anaphylactic shock because I'm allergic to your jeepy creepish self. And what is your hair doing? Basically, I responded with "no." And she was like, "goooooood! That's awesome." Yeah, I know. I'm well aware of the dangers of smoking and I'm quite happy myself that I don't partake. We both got the same emotions going regarding my no-smoking situation. But really I was like "ha..haa..haha..a....a" AWKWARD. Then she asks me if I want to try her cigarette. YEAH, WHY NOT. I'd love to. Really, how kind of you to ask. God bless you and your future children. I declined. I guess she thought I was curious so she shared that it was only strawberry flavored tobacco-not marijuana. I'm so glad she cleared that up, I really cared... She took me to meet her friends because I looked "bored" and I was not feeling it whatsoever and was thoroughly repelled to be associating with her, so I scurried off when she wasn't looking. I'm so sneaky!

As for my favorite encounter:

You know, I don't have a man, but I'm not opposed to the idea! I mean, obviously here on the west coast there is a plethora of cuties. They all have the style and the hair-do... mmmm. Love the hair-do. Anyway, I was again at the interviewing area waiting to see if maybe Bastille would get interviewed... I am a real fan because it was 36 thousand degrees and I was in direct sun getting... roasted. Not many people were there, so I was just on my phone checking twitter and such, when all of the sudden... someone speaks to me.

3. Simple. Words.

From. A. Guy.

It's. A. Pick. Up. Line.

OMG IS HE CUTE?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!

Any guesses on which pick up line he used? You won't guess. I had never heard it myself. But then again, when do I ever receive a pick up line? Oh wait, lol. That's never. This one was so good. So thought out. So genuine. So meaningful and sincere. So... dumb. I mean seriously? That's all ya got, delicate? 'Tis the line:

"Nice phone case."
To which I responded "-_-"

Yeah, this lifeproof case is a real gem. Turquoise and black. Unlike anything in nature. Fly away, sir. Fly away. I'm not even going to give you a courtesy laugh.

Despite creepies, I had a lovely day. Here are some photos!
Baby frappe's! I think it was horchata flavored.. a nice cool treat! I love all things "mini!"

Revolving stage.. how legit.

Ello, Dan! Me loves you!



The NBHD!

No comments:

Post a Comment