Friday, May 23, 2014

Vacays and Fly-Aways

So yesterday was a very odd day for me... I dropped off my mom at the airport *sniffles* and came to the apartment to begin my day as a hermit. I tried to catch a little nap ('twas an early morning for us) but apparently Juan Pablo and his landscaping crew decided to mow the grass, weed-eat, and do any other loud yard work at the complex, which resulted in.. you guessed it- an unsuccessful nap. So I sat hopelessly in my little bunk bed all day until I finally got the gumption to mosey into the kitchen and microwave myself a lean cuisine (I even put some Tony Chachere's for flavors of the South). Still wasn't feeling it. I called my mom, complained a little, made her feel bad for leaving (accidental guilt trip...sorry mother) and in so many words, she told me to go frolic in the sun somewhere.

Sun?

Where you is, delicate sunshine?

Oh, DID YOU WAKE UP EARLY THIS MORNING ALSO?

Okay so the sun was hiding from me, and I was also locked out of the pool and gym so I decided... I shall go to Trader Joe's. We don't have one at home, and I am just amazed by that mini grocery store. The labels are so cute on all the food stuffs! And they have some pretty unique items. Feeling unique, I purchased 3 bananas, 2 cups of yogurt, and hummus. I felt rebellious handing my assortment of goodies to the cashier. "Are you scared of me, Joseph the cashier? Yeah, just wait until next week." Joseph was probably frightened as I was wearing a slept-in over sized t-shirt with leggings and a rats nest on my head. I did have on 3 day old mascara though, to my advantage..? I was a sight.

Came home, took a shower, and watched my favorite medical TV series, House. Boy do I love me some House. It made me feel better, and I soon drifted off to sleep.

Are we all depressed now? OH POOR REMI. No, really. I'm fine. 4-reals. I'm Gucci, if you will. And to combat my pity part intro, let's check out some photos from the mini-vacay with mom!
3rd picture at this lifeguard stand!

Paddle boarding in Newport Beach


Mom is always up for some rock crawling!

You know, I love a good cactus :)

Please call me Graceful...

Or Grace for short- yikes



Who has such a cute mom!?

So I'm settled in and am looking forward to Sunday! I'll be going to church and the beach with Jeffy-Jeff. He is my fave.
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment