Sunday, May 25, 2014

'Sun'day Adventures!

Happy Sunday, everyone! Today, I had a ball.

No, really... I didn't.

Who am I kidding...

Today was a piñata. A large paper mache piñata full of goodies.
Why don't people ever say 'today I had a piñata?' What is filled in a ball? Air... how enticing. HELLO. Piñatas have cool things in them.. like a fun day does. WORD TO THE WISE. 

Alright, stop laughing. I know your abs are about to fall out of your stomach. You're welcome for the workout though--let's meet again next week.

Okay, so back to piñata-like things... My day started at 7 AM. Technically, it started before that as I kept waking up from nightmares that I would oversleep/have an alarm malfunction/have all of mankind be disappointed in my failed attempt of waking up for the day... We'll stick to 7 though, much simpler. Anywho, I got ready and made my way to Newport. I went to church with... you guessed it... the good ole Jeffy Jeff. Who is Jeffy Jeff? A friend of my mother's friend who has also turned into our friend. He is so great. And you know what else is great? Our Lady Queen of Angels Church. Could I get an 'amen?' It is so stunning. I will get married here. Any single cats out there looking for a food vacuumer? Hereeeee I am. Seriously though, isn't it so pretty?


Stole this pic from Google.. thought it may be frowned upon to snap photos during Mass.  
I spent most of the hour checking out the sights. I definitely hope to go back!

The next order of business was beach time! Yippee! After church, we changed into our beach gear, hopped on some bikes, and got to pedaling! I was pretty much nervous the entire way to the beach because I was still a little too short for the bike EVEN WITH THE SEAT AS LOW AS POSSIBLE. We made it there thankfully. It was a little intimidating though! We were riding bikes on the real road. With cars. And many cars. Going very fast. Sharing our lane. Paaaaaaanic attack! The beach was loads of fun.. I frolicked.

Wore my rash guard since it's protective and I was too lazy to apply sunblock.

 After a little time playing in the agua... water... what's with the use of the Spanish language when clearly French is my thang? After a little beach time, we went to get some food. I was quite ravenous as it was past lunch time and that one banana from breakfast had evaporated from my system long ago. We went to a little place called Cabo Cantina.

Good ole Diet Coke...
 I got a rice bowl which had rice, beans, an assortment of delightful grilled veggies, and steak. I demolished that poor thing. Jeff got tacos! We then went back to the beach for a bit to rest up before the big bike home! Then we bit the bullet, and began our trek home.



Bonjour beefy leg... We were going over a bridge--ouch on the quads!


There were so many paddle boarders out! Had to capture for my momma. I had a lovely day today and got my exercise in from biking 8 miles... a little different when you're going uphill :)


No comments:

Post a Comment