Friday, February 5, 2016

King Cake Galore

So Mardi Gras is just around the corner... A lot of people are really quite excited.

I think the whole "Mardi Gras" scenario dives so deep into the Cajun culture, of which I try and stay in the shallow. Sue me, the food is tasty but the accents make my throat hurt.

Thankfully, I found a little Mardi Gras-ish activity that was perfect for me- a King Cake Taste-Off at The Grove. I brought my trusty sidekick Lexi and we got to tasting!


 
There were at least 15 different places to taste from and luckily we were third in line :)



There was even a king cake flavored snow cone from Kona Ice!


A boudin stuffed king cake with pepper jelly... hellur!


 



Cheers!

We had such a good time. Thank you for putting it on, Sulphur! Let's do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment