Sunday, January 3, 2016

Looks Can Be Deceiving

Well, Happy New Year! I've been working but being out of school has been quite joyous. I got a Kitchen-Aid Stand Mixer for Christmas and I have been itching to use it! I knew the first thing I was going to make in it was brioche bread. I made it last Christmas by hand and about every recipe I read said that to make the perfect brioche you must use a stand mixer. My bread was quite dense last time so I didn't make it again until last night. I used a recipe I found on Pinterest.


But what's with my title, you ask? Well, the color of the bread isn't the issue. I like just about all things in life uncooked. Bread, cookies, cakes, biscuits... well, maybe just bread products. Bring me a moo-ing steak and that's a no. The problem is her Majesty (me) forgot to add the butter to the bread dough until I had already beat the living yeast out of the stuff. So basically it was doomed from the beginning. I figured it shouldn't have made too much of a difference. Lol.



The bread has roughly the same texture as couch foam. There is no light airy brioche texture at all. Also, I was at church during the baking process and I left Mom in charge. She followed my directions but unfortunately I wasn't home to make the judgment call that my uncooked bread literally wasn't finished cooking. There was still a rather large raw portion which I didn't know until I cut into the other butt.

Things went awry, but I'll give it another try. I knead more practice.

Also, don't you love little brothers who don't understand the life of a blogger with one reader? They just don't know what it's like trying to get "the shot".


^Screen-shat from my brother's snapchat.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Bread was delicious, even with it's denseness! :-)

    ReplyDelete