Friday, May 22, 2015

Iceland, Goðafoss



Today we went to Goðafoss, The Waterfall of the Gods.










We came upon a body of water which had frozen over. That doesn't happen where I'm from!



Beautiful countryside.


For dinner, I had Plokkfiskur, another Icelandic dish... hence the name ;)


It was a cod and potato gratin with a béchamel sauce and hard boiled eggs on top. It was so delicious! As was the rye bread, obviously. I'm trying to eat as much as I can before I leave!

I really cannot remember what this was, I'm not sure I ever knew... but there was grass on the roof so I thought it was the coolest thing!








I had no clue how big the sky was until I got to Iceland! It's like you can see for miles and miles. I could call the people 6 towns over to let them know what weather was coming.


I love animals now!
 


We ended up finding Goðafoss again that day from the other side.





Another candy stop! I got my favorite "Captain Crunch Bar" along with Iceland's best candy... which had licorice, go figure! Then I found candy with my name on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment