Thursday, May 21, 2015

Iceland, Geymur



Before heading out for the day, I fueled up on skyr. It's actually a soft cheese, but basically, it's yogurt. The texture was so creamy! I love it more than Greek yogurt.


The day was off to a good start with stops along the way to check out nature.



This would be the beginning of the hike before I died! We hiked to Glymur which is Iceland's tallest waterfall with a 643 foot drop. It was over 6 miles hiking roundtrip.








 
The hike was labeled "demanding". It consisted of several vertical climbs, CROSSING A RIVER, and squatting through a cave. We had some drizzle along the way which made for a few fuzzy spots on my camera :(


On the way back from the hike, we saw some gorgeous Icelandic horses. Look at that hair! It blew in the wind so beautifully... I'm rather jealous. I'd like to come back in my next life as one of these things.


Selfie time!
 
 
We stopped by the Hraunfossar waterfall which is believed to have been formed around 800 AD.





Then it was time for some food. We stopped into a little roadside restaurant and I got a hotdog! If it ain't Icelandic, I ain't eating it! The hot dog contains lamb which makes it unique from any other hot dog I've had. It had fried onions, remoulade, and sweet brown mustard. So amazing!



I wanted to try some candy for dessert. Icelandic people love their licorice. I am not the biggest fan of licorice, but I gave it a go.


Draumur was two strips of black licorice coated in chocolate, Rís was awesome! It was like puffs of Captain Crunch cereal covered in chocolate. Hraun was also very tasty and wafery like a Kit-Kat.


Oh Iceland, so mysterious.



We stayed at a place with a black sand beach in the backyard. It was the coolest thing!... Second to the water temperature.
 
 
Then I came upon some Ice.. can you believe?!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment