Tuesday, June 10, 2014

IKEAn't Even Believe Myself

I'm either a grandma, an adult, or hopefully just a young woman, but I am by no means a "teen" or "child." (My English teachers always said, "Never say 'In my paper I'm going to tell you...'") So, in this blog, I'm going to tell you why I kind of think I'm a 67 year old trapped in a 19 year old body.

Today, I met my love. My soul. My entire heart. In a store!

IKEA!

My life is now going to revolve around IKEA... Or maybe not. Hopefully not. BUT I REALLY LOVE THIS STORE.

Maybe I have been before when I was a small tot, but I haven't been since I can remember. I drove up to this beautiful store and was in complete awe. Hello, pretty blue building! I was immensely lost when I began my IKEA adventure as I was walking against the arrows on the ground. I was so confused. How am I walking against the arrows!? I just came through the entrance! I got nervous and turned around. I think I was in the wrong area anyway. My mission was to buy some plastic containers because I'm getting anxious looking at my open pound of sugar which is exposed to the elements in the pantry, and I'm wanting to start meal-prepping! I came upon these gems that I saw online :)
THERE ARE 17 FOR $4.79! ISN'T THAT OUTLANDISH!? I mean, maybe they'll break or something, but I'm looking more for quantity over quality at the moment. They're BPA free, which I know my mum will appreciate, and they come in such useful sizes! I washed them all and am waiting for them to dry so that I can transport all my poorly packaged food back into a safe place! And so what 19 year old cares about food safety/storage? Voila... Me. And who is so inspired by their visit to a Swedish store that they dedicate a blog post to it? She who shall not be named (Remi).

Okay, so I had a ball browsing through IKEA as we all now know. I also picked up a super cute pink and navy spatula for future macaron making, and some hangers because I needed some more!

After I left, I made my way to Newport Beach. I really wanted to get my dad a shirt from the Newport Brewing Company. They have a super cool logo, right?
I think it's totally legit! So I picked it up and went to mail it to him for Father's Day. He sure is a spiffy dad.

Today was a somewhat busy day! I woke up around 7:30 and got all of my errands done by 1! I took an hour lay down and am about to go hit the gym!

YAY FOR TODAY! (and my new Tupperware)





1 comment:

  1. You could say you had a piñata browsing through IKEA.

    ReplyDelete