Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day Truffles

Happy Valentine's Day!

I love Valentine's Day every single time it comes around because I get to make everything red and pink! I think 2 out of the 18 times this holiday has rolled around since I've been alive, I had a Valentine... but I've managed just fine the other 16 times, and you can too! With these truffles!


I was watching Giada at Home and she made these "Brazilian Truffles" and I was so excited to try them! They're a cross between fudge and icing... Aka delish.

You'll need:
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
2 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon of vanilla
a pinch of salt
sprinkles for decorating

Pour the delicious liquid gold into your saucepan.


Be sure to keep the lid for yourself. "Accidentally" get some extra sweetness on the lid because you deserve to lick it.

Next comes the rest of our ingredients. Just dump them all in.


Now put your saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Then reduce the heat to low and you'll want to be stirring the entire duration of this process. Lovely workout :)

You want to keep stirring until the mixture 'comes off the bottom of the pan.' I had some panic attacks because nothing was happening... Have patience. It will thicken up!


See how it doesn't spill into the line I made on the bottom? That's what you want. Take it off the heat, put it in a bowl. Into the fridge it goes! Roughly an hour. Longer if you desire.

Now for the fun part!


Get your sprinkles ready, then take out your bowl o' chocolate and get to scoopin', Valentino!
  I used a mini ice cream scooper.


I popped all of my truffles onto a piece of Silpat. Then roll them into a ball, and into your sprinkles!




Hope you all have a wonderful day! Hugs and kisses! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! These look and taste amazing! Love love love. Happy Valentine's Day, my sweet angel! ��

    ReplyDelete